Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Choose You Back Catalog/Contest of Shame!



Another week, another stupid post from yours truly. So, you know how last week I told I'd be telling you about that fancy "new" (fake) Nintendo console that hasn't been announced yet? Well, that's not happening now, because I have other things to talk about, and I have 40 games from years past (and years present) to catch up on. No, I'm not joking, it's really 40.

So earlier this week my girl (WoW) and I had a falling out. She kept trying to pull me in with the allure of the Loremaster title, but ultimately we needed a break. So I cancel her services and heave a sigh for great memories now past, only to turn around and have 41 other derogative terms for women sitting on my shelf. All staring at me, undressing me with their eyes, hoping to be put inside their respective machines...

Okay, my posts are starting to get super dirty with this games are women motif, so I'll stop. Let me tell it to you straight - real talk, if you will. I'm an avid purchaser of games. I buy pretty much anything that looks shiny on Tuesday new release days. With WoW out of the picture though, a lot of my time is now free. With that comes the opportunity to catch up on some of my games I either A) haven't played or 6) never beat. Let's run down the list real quick starting with:

PlayStation 2:
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1 Rebirth
.hack//G.U. Vol. 2 Reminisce
.hack//G.U. Vol. 3 Redemption
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Indiana Jones and Staff of Kings
Rogue Galaxy
Tales of the Abyss

PlayStation 3:
Brütal Legend
Darksiders
Dead Space (too scary!)
Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIII
God of War Collection
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Part 1 (*shudders*)
Just Cause 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saw: The Video Game (*shudders*)
The Sly Collection
White Knight Chronicles

PSP:
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Xbox 360:
Fable II
Gears of War

DS:
Chrono Trigger
Dissidia -Final Fantasy-
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
Dragon Quest V: Hand of Heavenly Bride
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Phoenix Wirght Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Oh dear lord, see what I mean? So, here's where you come in FFoP Readers. I'm currently working on The Sly Collection and Dissidia. Now, I know there's at least two of you out there, so you decide what I play next. If you respond to this post, you could win Fallout 3, Red Faction, or Tom Clancy's End War for the PS3. Isn't that exciting?! No? Well go away then.

I am really attempting this feat. I will work my way through my back catalog by the end of this year! Mark my words, it will be done. Let it be written at the end of my posts: 0/41.

Enjoy Chris's crazy, if not mentally challenged rantings? Join him each week on Fist Full of Potions weekly podcasts, resuming soon.

The awesome image used in the header was drawn by Supremus-Prime.

Be sure to follow Fistfullofpotions on Twitter to get all our sexy musings sent to your feed. Alternatively, follow the blog using your Blogspot account. Both are viable options.

No comments:

Post a Comment