Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Choose You!: Too Many Games!



First thing's first, welcome to my new segment "I Choose You!", a weekly post from yours truly discussing pretty much anything I want to talk about that week. Well, relevant to video games of course. This week I wanted to take a time out and vent about all the stuff I've been playing. Oh, and just a hint, it's a lot!

So before I get started with my post proper, I wanted to take a second and thank fellow Fister Steve for the awesome new post banner. Thanks Steve. Why Ash and Garrosh you ask? I don't really have an answer besides I like both WoW and Pokémon. Oh, and Ryan and I thought it would be funny.

Moving on to the:

POST PROPER: Between WoW and LittleBigPlanet 2 alone I have way too much to do. Yet, I'm playing more than those two games. I've recently started going out with Final Fantasy again on the PSP. Just got an urge to play her one day and haven't stopped since. I'm nowhere close to finishing, hell I haven't even fought the Lich yet. Add that to getting Loremaster in WoW and trying to collect everything in LBP2 and I have three very needy ladies on my hands. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!

Final Fantasy XI and I are back together as well. She was only $10 and offered more services than ever before! How could I refuse? Oh and she doesn't know that I'm also seeing Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds. We're old flames too. Now that she's free until level 49, I'm down to play whenever. I offered to Ryan the chance to play too, but he's not into that sort of thing. Oh and there's also Dragon Quest VI, Pokémon Black and Pokémon White right up the street and damn do they look good!

You see what I mean. Way too much! Do I have time to juggle it all? Have I found the key to time travel? Did one or more of these games give me a venereal disease? The answer to all 3 is no! No one (not counting Jason) would have time to balance all this crap at once. To be honest, WoW takes up most of my time, with LBP2 as sort of a "let's play when I'm in the mood" kinda thing. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest VI, Nexus, and the new Pokémon games (even though it pains me) will most likely fall by the wayside and won't be beaten.

Why do I do this? Well, I'm an impatient guy to begin with, and loving as many franchises as I do really sucks. It causes me to be a spaztasitc gamer. Never really settling into one place for too long. Which is both a good and bad thing. It lets me experience a lot of games (and by experience I mean buy), but finish few. It's like I'm a Red Mage from FFI. I'm a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

I guess I just need to take a step back. Calm down a little. The games I own will always be there. Why rush to finish them all now when I can take it slow and finish them one at a time? It most likely won't work for me, but hell, I'll give it a whirl. But not now though. WoW and FFXI tonight! YEAH!
______
Thanks for reading, hopefully you got to know me a little better. For any questions or comments please e-mail me at: chris@fistfullofpotions.com.

When he's not being unfaithful to his games with other games, Chris helps run Fist Full of Potion's weekly podcast. The awesome Garrosh fan-art used in the banner was made by Supremus-Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment